CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Booking Through Thursday: Time Is Of The Essence

Okay, I'm trying some new stuff to get readers and to get more stuff for said readers to read. A lot of the book review blogs that I read when I'm trying to find books to order do a few cool things. They are Teaser Tuesdays (where you put in a two sentence teaser from whatever book you are currently reading), Waiting on Wednesdays (where you talk about any books you are currently waiting to read), and Booking Through Thursdays (where you answer a question that is posted on a blog devoted to "meme surveys".) Hopefully this will give you guys some insight into what's going on here at the library and with us. So here it is.

1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?

*No! I never get to read as much as I would like to read. When you work 8 hours a day it doesn't leave much time for fun stuff. However, I spend so much time reading that it is probably a good thing that I don't have MORE time to read because then I wouldn't get anything done...ever...

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

*I think if I did have more time to read that I would read for myself. Nine out of ten books that I read are YA or juvenile fiction books. I read them so that I can let patrons know what the heck is going on (and coming soon so that I can review it for you guys as well) So if I had extra time I would spend it reading grown up stuff, magazines, a few of my favorite classics and so on...pretty much I would just read something that I didn't feel like I had to read.

Enjoy and feel free to answer the question yourself in our comments section!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?

Lis: Actually I can answer this one no. I love self help books and magazines. I feel like by the time I get home I am too tired to read either. I am lucky if I get time to groom myself, not to mention read a book.

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

Lis says: Fun stuff, kids books education books, fashion magazines...etc.

Anonymous said...

1. Do you get to read as much as you WANT to read?

Um, not really. I work an 8 hour a day job so I'm really swamped. I mean it's not like I have on average 6 hours a day outside of work to read.

2. If you had (magically) more time to read–what would you read? Something educational? Classic? Comfort Reading? Escapism? Magazines?

I would LOVE to have more time to read Cosmo and Glamour. They're the best literature ever written!!! I mean, move over Mark Twain and God.....your works are nothing compared to "how to lose your love handles in 2.3 hours"

SmilingSally said...

No one has enough reading time, and we all could use more to read what we like. Happy BTT!

http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com